The Gables Hotel
1 Annan Road
A beautiful, turn-of-the-century Grade II listed property, situated in the heart of Gretna with gardens laid to lawn, floral borders and shady trees. The hotel is ideally located for exploring Dumfries and Galloway with its forests and lochs, or historic Carlisle and the northern lakes. Designer shopping at the Gretna Gateway is just 5 minutes away, and if horse racing is your sport, Carlisle Race Course is a short drive away. Golf, fishing, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting and quad biking are amongst the many activities available. - The Gables Hotel offers the modern delegate the advantages of a convenient location along with excellent facilities and fine Scottish cuisine. Gretna, famed for romance and entwined with the traditions of Scotland, makes a perfect partner with the Gables for a stylish wedding or civil partnership reception.
C e s u p e r b e b - Le Gables Hotel offre un emplacement idéal, des équipements modernes et des plats écossais raffinés. Gretna est célèbre pour son atmosphère romantique et ses traditions écossaises et constitue un partenaire idéal du Gables pour une réception élégante de mariage ou d'union civile.
- Meal in the lounge bar was very good and the bed comfortable.
- Breakfast good. Location not brilliant as now surrounded by houses
- Friendly staff who were very attentive. Nice room and dog friendly.
- having stayed in the gables hotel before standards are still very high and the staff are so helpful and friendly especially reception and restaurant staff.
- Clean and comfortable room, great food and friendly staff
- Central to retail outlets and all attractions.
- Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean good-sized rooms. Pleasant dining room with interesting choices and good-sized portions.
- Everything. The welcome was warm the hospitality and house keeping staff were polite and attentive. The breakfast was lovely always serving fresh and wide range of breakfast choices. The lovely warm welcoming touch with the prosecco water and chocs. The bathroom was amazing and from the sounds of everyone at the wedding I went to had one of the best baths out of most the hotels people stayed in. The bed was comfortable really comfortable and spotless also the bathroom.
- Good choice regarding the cooked selection and plenty of it. Perhaps some fruit choices and pastries may be nice to have. But all was fine and these are only small observations.
- Bed so comfortable surroundings very peaceful
- We had a fabulous stay at the Gables hotel. The whole experience was wonderful for us with friendly & helpful staff. Upgraded room which was unexpected a lovely suite!! Such a nice surprise. We had a secret wedding in Gretna. the hotel room & other areas were very comfortable, staff accommodating and food was great! The location was very handy and near to many other locations we visited.
- Veryone is so helpful and nothing is to much trouble for them.
- In Gretna for shopping trip and booked into the Gables for one night. Room was adequate and very clean. Nice evening meal. Staff friendly. Nice atmosphere in the hotel. Enjoyed our stay and would definately stay there again next time in Gretna.
- I was satisfied with everything about my stay. The extra touch of a lovely dog bed and bowls made us feel even more welcome. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
- All of the staff were polite and friendly. This hotel has a well stocked bar and a wonderful restaurant combined with its location makes an ideal place to stay when visiting Gretna Green.
Gretna Green Services M74
Todhills Rest Area M6
Cumbria County Council
University of Cumbria
Southwaite Services M6
The Grade II-listed Gables Hotel is located in the heart of Gretna. With its beautiful gardens, the family-owned Gables offers free WiFi and free on-site parking. The hotel’s restaurant has earned a reputation for fine, traditional Scottish food, and it offers a varied à la carte menu, as well as a carefully selected wine list. For a less formal setting, the cozy lounge bar offers home-cooked bar meals. It is only a mile from the M(A)74, M6 and A75, giving easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries & Carlisle. Guests can explore Galloway with its forests and lochs, or historic Carlisle and the northern lakes. Designer shopping at the Gretna Gateway is just 5 minutes away, and if horse racing is your sport, Carlisle Race Course is a short drive away. Golf, fishing, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting and quad biking are among the many activities available.