Greenlaw Guest House
- Comfy bed, lovely breakfast. Pauline our host was very attentive. She remember all the guests names at breakfast which was a very nice personal touch . Pauline on arrival informed us on arrival that we were getting an upgraded room which was a nice surprise
- Pauline was very nice and welcoming. The location fantastic for Blacksmith shop, and just a short drive to the Gateway.
- Pauline was very welcoming and helpful. Our room was pretty and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. The property was beautifully kept.
- Very warm welcoming Atmosphere and a delicious breakfast
- Gorgeous little guest house, fabulous welcome and service. Ideal location and we really enjoyed our stay. Thank you Pauline xx
- Lovely hotel stayed for 2 seperate nights on the way to and from a weeks break in Scotland. Pauline and fran the owners were very helpful and made our stay an enjoyable one. The breakfast is lovely would definetly stay again. Location was perfect and close to motorway but still in a nice quiet area.
- Lovely hotel and very clean comfortable room slept really well and had a lovely breakfast
- The warm welcome from the property owner Pauline who immediately made us feel that nothing was too much trouble. Easy to find and close to restaurants and amenities. ..again Pauline has a wealth of information on the local places to eat. For tourists, the famous blacksmiths at Gretna Green is also very close. Onsite parking made unloading our car very simple. Breakfast was pre ordered the evening before and was served hot and ample. The choice of cereals and large selection of speciality teas were also a nice touch, however due to the hot water being held in a pump thermos it wasn't hot enough to make a decent cuppa! ! This was easily resolved by nipping to our room and boiling the kettle to make a brew. Pauline explained during a morning chat just how busy the B&B was and maintenance could only be achieved when the seasons are quieter and they have 3 or 4 consecutive days with no bookings so I'm sure that the small bits we've mentioned will be attended to as soon as they get the chance. The bed was comfy, clean and the room was well appointed with tea and coffee making facilities, a dressing table with chair and hairdryer supplied. The shower was easily operated and hot water was plentiful although the shower unit was not the largest we've experienced. To conclude ..we had a comfortable stay with a very friendly owner and found it great value for money we would stay again if in the area.
- Very roomy friendly near by pub and shops
- The triple room turned out to be a double with a single going off it, which was ideal for us. Pauline the landlady was super friendly, room very clean and comfortable if a little small and the breakfast was full on.
- Pauline was very welcoming and friendly, it’s an excellent little B&B in a great location for what we wanted to do.
- Theres nothing you cannot like about greenlaw the place and staff are amazing and nothing is too much trouble, feels like your home from home.
- Bed very comfortable.breakfast very good.All in a pleasant stay if it was only one night.
- A friendly welcome and a spotlessly clean room.
- Spacy room, good breakfast, beautiful Hortensia in the garden.
- Pauline was very friendly and welcoming. Nothing to much trouble.
- We had trouble getting there due to cancellation of two trains. The owner was very accommodating when I rang to explain. Beds were very comfy and made to feel very welcome. I would highly recommend to others.
- The room was of a nice size we had paid for a larger room as that was all that was left and it had the 4 poster bed it was nice and quiet The overall quality of sleep was very good slept like a baby so comfy the bed and pillows were very good . The breakfast was good and also hardly any fat from the food on my plate loved that! Choice of teas was good as I like earl grey .
- Very friendly hosts, nice room with large screen TV. Good breakfast.
- Room was very comfortable. Breakfast excellent. Staff friendly and helpful.
- Lovely comfortable room and made very welcome by the owners. Couldn’t rate them any higher and would highly recommend to anyone .
- Friendly host and good location and parking facilities
Gretna Green Services M74
Todhills Rest Area M6
Cumbria County Council
University of Cumbria
Southwaite Services M6
Pizza Express now open Restaurant
Gretna Sunday Market and Car Boot Market
Gretna Gate now open 9am Cafe/Bar
Spar /Co op/Costcutter Supermarket
Irish Sea view available from 3 rooms at Greenlaw Guest House Ocean/Sea
Located 2 minutes’ walk from the train station in the historic Gretna Green, Greenlaw is the largest guest house of the village. The 100-year-old property features rooms with free Wi-Fi, free parking, and easy access to the English Borders, 1 miles away. Each room at Greenlaw Guest House features an private bathroom with free toiletries, a flat-screen TV with Freeview channels, a DVD player, and tea/coffee making facilities. A hearty breakfast, made of locally sourced ingredients, is served daily in the bright dining area and it includes freshly cooked food, continental options, and vegetarian dishes. The guest house retains charming original features, such as an inglenook fireplace in the dining room. Gretna Green’s famous The Old Blacksmiths, established in 1712, is 2 minutes’ walk from the guest house. Carlisle town center is just 10 miles from Greenlaw Guest House. Newcastle Airport is 63 mi from the property.