Ancrum House Glasgow Road
- The house was unbelievably clean and well equipped there was nothing that we needed that we didn't find somewhere in the house!
- The house was spotlessly clean, the host provided a friendly welcome and introduced us to the features of the house quickly and efficiently and then left us to settle in. The house was everything it says in the details and deserves its luxury status. The hot tub and trampoline were an instant hit and we made excellent use of them despite the poor weather we experienced. The snug was brilliant for our young son with a TV, toy kitchen, toys and bookd to entertain him when he woke early to avoid waking the rest of the house up. When the sun did shine, with the patio doors fully opened the kitchen/dining room extends into the garden enlarging the space even further. The garden is ideal for kids (and grown ups) as it is laid to lawn to run around, with the inset trampoline for the more athletic to enjoy, with a patio area for sitting and relaxing and of course the hot tub. If the weather is not great the skylight makes a relaxing sight watching the clouds drift by or the rain dancing in the glass! The house was ideally located to walk into Gretna for the shopping outlet, some supplies from the local shops, fish and chips (don't forget to try a deep fried mars bar!), as well as the famous blacksmiths shop and Smith's restaurant in the hotel opposite. It's a short drive out of the village onto the main roads to get to other attractions in the area. We found plenty of places to visit to entertain and exhaust our kids! All the bedroooms were large and comfortable, with their own large smart TVs with Netflix to provide an ample supply.of films to watch when you just want to relax - very useful when the sports fans find that the living room has a large TV with sky sports and the start of the football season has just begun! We would highly recommend this house to anyone who wants to stop in the area to explore the region or for an occasion to celebrate.
- This is a wonderful holiday home! We had a fantastic 3 night stay for a family wedding in Gretna Green. We were a group of 5 adults and 2 children and absolutely loved the layout of the house. Everyone had their own space and privacy, and plenty of bathrooms to go around, and also wonderful communal areas for all eating and relaxing together-the kitchen diner was so spacious and the kids loved the breakfast bar, the kitchen was really well equipped and we enjoyed self catering, having organised a Tesco delivery. The garden was brilliant for the kids-a safe, large enclosed space to run around, and the trampoline was an excellent addition to keep them entertained...and the fantastic hot tub was the icing on the cake!! The whole house is decorated and furnished to a really high standard and was spotlessly clean. There were some great toys for the kids and facilities for playing music and even some disco lights! The owner had thought of everything that would make for a relaxing stay. She was lovely, really helpful and gave us a useful introduction to the facilities when we arrived, and replied really quickly to the couple of queries we had in advance of our stay. We honestly can’t recommend this property more highly and would love to return some time! Thank you Tracey for letting us use your wonderful house!
- The property is immaculate! It’s modern, spotlessly clean and has everything you could possibly need. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn’t hesitate to stay again.
- We loved absolutely everything...! The superior quality of all the fixtures, fittings and extras. The attention to detail is outstanding. Ancrum house is a home from home and Tracey was so helpful! She made you feel welcome and comfortable.
- Everything was just perfect, the owner welcomed us and was available during the week to ensure everything was going well and there weren't any problems.
- The property was beautiful and to a very high standard, I would highly recommend. Tracey the owner was lovely enough to come and show me how to use heating system and jacuzzi. Great communication, I got in contact with Tracey by txt/email and always got a quick reply.
- Everything was clean of high quality and perfectly presented
- If anything, the pictures do not do justice to this stunning beautiful house. Truly magnificent !!!! Absolute pleasure for my family's stay here. Host was brilliant and couldn't do enough for us to make our stay as memorable as possible.
- Tracey went above and beyond to ensure our comfort! The cleanliness in this property was beyond anywhere I had stayed before. The photos do not do the property justice! It is a beautiful house, run by a wonder hostess! The attention to detail was spectacular - everything you could imagine was to hand! The bathrooms were enormous and spotless, the bedrooms were a wonderful size and superbly comfortable, the kitchen was well stocked and Tracey even generously left us a bottle of prosecco, a bottle of Irn Bru and some milk! The hot was beautiful, the garden is huge, the snug (room off the kitchen) was perfect, next to the giant garden shower/bathroom. I know all this sounds gushy, but honestly the five of us that stayed there had not experienced a nicer property. The location is literally right across the road from the station so it is so easy to access! It's right on the border of England and Scotland so suited us perfectly. We wanted a take out and Tracey had provided a wonder Information Book with every bit of info you'd need. She gave us menus for local places and told us of taxi numbers that would pick up and bring our delivery to us! They did, for pennies! There is beautiful fire in the lounge and underfloor heating which will all be gorgeous in the winter. I cannot rate this place highly enough! We were all gutted to be leaving! Tracey even accommodated us with a later check out due to the time of the train some of my party were on. Other little niceties include the sockets have USB ports so it's easy to charge just about anything, there are children's bowls and cups if you're staying with kids, the door is keypad entry so there's no need to worry about a key - which is handy when there is a party of 5. I could go on and on, but I will stop now! I just need to find an excuse to go back! Oh, there a TV in the family bathroom! There's a dishwasher and a washer/dryer … so it's a proper home from home!
- The house was amazing amaculate had everything u could think off will definatly go back x
- Lovely house, spotlessly clean. It had everything you need. Really child friendl. Tracey was really helpful and gave us lots of suggestions for things to do in the area.
- Everything! Tracey is amazing - nothing is too much trouble & she adds little “touches” of hospitality & thoughtfulness everywhere..
- It was perfect . Everthing was done to a high standard and great quality .
- It had everything we needed - home from home
- Wonderful house booked for a family wedding at Gretna Hall, couldn't have been a better location, it is a 2 minute walk. The house is clearly recently re-furbished with fabulous furniture and fittings, the hot-tub a welcome bonus, we absolutely loved it. The beds are very comfortable and the house although on a fairly busy road, we heard no road traffic, excellent sound-proofing. The host was very attentive and we very much appreciated the cold bottle of prosecco on arrival. On the morning of the wedding it was fabulous to have so many bathrooms, everyone could get dressed in peace without hurrying. Thank you Tracy for being such an excellent host!
- house was is perfect condition, extremely modern. plenty of room and there was 8 of us. better to go with a group as this divides up the cost. everyone just kept saying how much we wished we lived there full time!! hot tub was amazing. will definitely be back. thank you so much to allan and tracey the house was perfect.
- We had a fantastic stay at Ancrum house. It has been done to an extremely high standard and was very clean. Would highly recommend.
- the hot tub, the large screen tvs, the tv in the bath the carpets, the layout, the underfloor heating, the location, the parking, the secure garden, the sunken trampoline, the kids toys and books, net flicks, the well equipped kitchen...everything was simply splendid,
- We loved everything about this house and the mini bar which they offered too!
- Welcoming friendly host, Hot tub, welcome pack, comfort of beds, tvs, under floor heating, the list goes on....
- Lots of room and the house is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The kitchen is fantastic and well equipped which was great as we mainly ate in. The kids absolutely loved the hot tub and they all had to have a bath when they realised there was a tv in the bathroom! Handy for shops and in particular the Gretna outlet and old Blacksmiths.
- Stunning property with excellent facilities! Complete luxury!
Gretna Green Services M74
Todhills Rest Area M6
Cumbria County Council
University of Cumbria
Southwaite Services M6
Gretna Hall Hotel Restaurant
Smiths Hotel Restaurant
Pizza Express Cafe/Bar
Gretna Gateway Outlet Village Market
Greens Hotel Restaurant
Old Toll Bar Cafe/Bar
Set in Gretna Green, this holiday home features a hot tub and a garden. This house is just a 2-minute walk from Gretna Green Train Station. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free private parking is available on site. There is a kitchen with a dining area and a living room. Smart TVs with Netflix are featured throughout. There is a private bathroom with a bath. Towels and bed linen are provided in this holiday home. Carlisle is 9.3 mi from Ancrum House, while Dumfries is 22 mi away. The nearest airport is Newcastle International Airport, 53 mi from the property.