- Quiet and nice little hotell with wonderful breakfast and very helpful staff , perfect for family with kids
- The staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Close to the motorway, so a handy stop off on a long journey.
- The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The food is good home cooking! The beer is well priced and the juke box is one if the best!
- The staff are excellent, I found them friendly and helpful. The evening meal was excellent. I would stay here again.
- Such lovely atmosphere and staff and very nice breakfast took
- The room we were given was in better shape than the previous room all the staff we much better
- The friendliness of the barman and chef that cooked the breakfast
- The staff were very good. The breakfast was fine, a bonus that it was prepared to order, we knew this because we could hear the chef training someone on how to cook the eggs. The view from our room was poor (Rm 8 ) overlooking the roof but I imagine given the situation some of the other rooms may have been nicer. Having read some poor trip advisor reviews after booking we were a little apprehensive as what to expect what for the price it was fine. We stayed on a Saturday night which was quite noisy and some of the language coming through from the public bar was loud and completely inappropriate when there were families eating. We would have appreciated the staff telling the 'swearers' to tone it down. The food we had was good, fairly standard pub grub but good quality and excellent chips.
- Good location. Clean room with a comfortable bed
- It had a great position for us. The room was basic but suited us. The breakfast was hot and great . The staff were friendly and helpful.
- Wardrobe door had been punched looked terrible
- The staff were friendly and helpful.food was lovely and thr room was clean and the bed was really comfy
- Close to motorway, private parking, friendly staff and great value for money
- Staff and owner were very efficient and friendly.
- Staff friendly, gave a good service. Our stay was excellent value and we enjoyed the food. Will stay again!
- Liked the location. Bar staff were really good . Waitress was efficient and polite . Room was ok . Breakfast was really good . Limited menu options .
Gretna Green Services M74
Todhills Rest Area M6
Cumbria County Council
University of Cumbria
Southwaite Services M6
Post Office Supermarket
Off the A74 in Gretna Green, Hazeldene Hotel offers accommodations with free parking and WiFi. Just across the England/ Scotland border, this hotel also has a restaurant serving home-cooked meals featuring the region’s produce. Each room has a TV, desk, trouser press and tea and coffee facilities. All have an private bathroom with bath, shower, hairdryer and toiletries. Breakfast is served each morning at Hazeldene Hotel. The restaurant menu includes a range of steaks and homemade burgers, traditional Scottish pies, black pudding and haggis, and tempting desserts including apple crumble and chocolate fudge cake. A selection of world wines and champagne are also offered. Gretna Green is just over 10 miles from Carlisle and the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty also lies to the south. The famous Old Blacksmith’s Shop, where couples can marry over the anvil, is just a 1-minute walk from Hazeldene Hotel.